General knowledge is an important part of everyone’s life. It is expected of everyone to have some sort of general knowledge. The day-to-day affairs in the world make it important for everyone to be aware of the happenings around them. There are many tests conducted in schools or in offices where general knowledge plays an important role. Here is a list of easy general knowledge questions and answers.
There are many students who prepare for competitive exams through general knowledge and they keep on referring to General Knowledge books, newspapers, magazines, and online resources. We have compiled a list of the most important and easy general knowledge questions and answers.
General Knowledge will help you keep yourself updated and it also helps to develop your analytical skills. This article is created to help students who are preparing for competitive exams or aptitude tests and students who are preparing for the easy general knowledge section.
General Knowledge Certification is one of the most common examinations in the world. Everywhere it is a very important examination for people who want to work in the Government Sector, Civil Services, and Banking Sector. Here we listed a list of easy general knowledge.
Following Most Important and Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers
General knowledge questions can be found in every competitive exam and hence, are important to know. They are usually found in the Formal Exam or Mains Exam. Some people may find them easy to answer, while some might find them difficult to answer. Here are the most important and easy general knowledge questions and the answers to them.
General knowledge questions are the most important questions that are asked in every competitive exam. These questions help clarify the candidate’s educational background. It is an important part of education for every student. Here, we have compiled a list of easy general knowledge questions and answers.
Most Important General Knowledge Questions
Q1. The first foreigner to invite India was?
Q2. Which language was used in the literature of the Sangam period?
Q3. Lord Buddha was born in?
Q4. Buddhist historian Taranath belonged to?
Q5. Which is considered the Magna Carta of the Indian people?
Answer: Queen Victoria’s Proclamation
Q6. What newspaper was started by Annie Besant?
Answer: New India
Q7. Who was the real founder of the Aligarh Muslim University?
Answer: Syed Ahmad Khan
Q8. Who was the alter ego of Tipu Sultan during the Treaty of Seringapatam?
Answer: Lord Dalhousie
Q9. Who was the first Indian to crack the British Indian Civil Services Examination for the first time in Indian History?
Answer: Satyendranath Tagore
Q10. Who was the Viceroy when the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre took place?
Q11. Which is the capital of India?
Answer: New Delhi
Q12. Which is also called the Southernmost Himalayas.
Q13. What is another name for Sahyadris?
Answer: The Western Ghats
Q14. Where does Palk Strait Lie?
Answer: India and Sri Lanka
Q15. Which is the popular name for the Indian islands on the Arabian Sea?
Answer: Lakshadweep Islands
Q6. Which is the oldest mountain range in India?
Answer: Aravali Mountains
Q17. What is the landmass which is surrounded by water on three sides known?
Q18. What is a naturally formed, narrow, waterway connecting two large water bodies known as?
Q19. What does ‘Archipelago’ mean?
Answer: A group of islands
Q20. What is the name of the pass between Kailash and Manasarovar?
Answer: Mana Pass
Q21. Who is known as the Father of the Nation?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
Q22. Which is the highest dam in India?
Answer: Tehri Dam
Q23. Which is the longest dam in India?
Answer: Hirakud Dam
Q24. Which is the oldest dam in India?
Answer: Kallanai Dam
Q25. Which is the national tree of India?
Answer: Banyan tree
Q26. Which is the national bird of India?
Q27. Which is the smallest state in India?
Q28. How many cricket world cups has India won?
Answer: Two world cups
Q29. Which is the national animal of India?
Q30. Who wrote the national anthem of India?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
Easy General Knowledge Questions
1. Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert”?
2. How many days are there in a week?
Ans. 7 days
3. How many hours are there in a day?
Ans. 24 hours
4. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
Ans. 26 letters
5. Rainbow consist of how many colors?
Ans. 7 colors
6. How many days are there in a year?
Ans. 365 days (not a leap year)
7. How many minutes are there in an hour?
Ans. 60 minutes
8. How many seconds are there in a minute?
Ans. 60 seconds
9. How many seconds make one hour?
Ans. 3600 seconds
10. Baby frog is known as…….
11. Name the densest jungle in the world?
Ans. The Amazon rainforest
12. Which festival is called the festival of colors?
13. What is the Isosceles triangle?
Ans. A triangle in which two sides have the same length or two sides are equal.
14. What type of gas is absorbed by plants?
Ans. Carbon Dioxide
15. How many days a February month has in the leap year?
Ans. 29 days
16. Name the longest river on the Earth?
17. Name the smallest continent?
18. Which is the principal source of energy for the Earth?
19. Anti-clockwise is it from left or right?
20. Name the planet nearest to the Earth?
21. What does the cow gives us?
22. Which is the largest bone in the human body?
23. Which type of plant is a money plant?
24. What is the name of the shortest bone in the human body?
25. How many layers are there in the atmosphere?
26. Who is the Father of Medicine?
Ans. Acharya Charak
27. How many millimeters are there in a centimeter?
28. Name the hardest substance available on Earth?
29. Name a shape that has ten sides?
30. Name the largest ocean in the World?
Ans. Pacific Ocean
General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. Sun is a?
2. Which planet is nearest to Earth?
3. We get solar energy from?
4. What islands are a part of the country of India?
Answer: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep Islands belong to India.
5. Where does a dog live?
6. Which animal is called the ship of the desert?
7. Goitre is caused due to the deficiency of?
8. How many players are there in a cricket team?
9. Largest island in the world is?
Answer: Green Land
10. Young one of cat is called?
11. Olympics games are held after every?
Answer: 4 years
12. How many sides are there in a pentagon?
13. What is King Arthur’s sword called?
Answer: King Arthur’s sword was called Excalibur.
14. A place where bees are kept is called?
15. Which is the biggest sea animal?
16. Who is the founder of Microsoft?
Answer: Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft.
17. Who discovered Penicillin?
Answer: Alexander Flemming
18. Who was popularly known as Netaji?
Answer: Subhash Chandra Bose
19. Which country does the company Sony come from?
Answer: Sony comes from the nation of Japan.
20. Scientific study of birds is called?
Helpful General Knowledge
1. Who is the author of the book – Broken Wing?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
2. Largest desert in the world is?
Answer: Sahara desert
3. In which direction does the sun rise?
Answer: The sun rises from the east.
4. Kuchipudi is the dance form of which state?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
5. Which water body is to the south of West Bengal?
Answer: Bay of Bengal
6. Where did the Portuguese have a factory in West Bengal?
7. When did the French vacate Chandernagore?
8. Who was West Bengal’s chief minister in 1980?
Answer: Jyoti Basu
9. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is located at?
10. When did West Bengal become a state?
Answer: 26 Jan 1950
11. Rasikbil Bird Sanctuary is located at?
Answer: West Bengal
12. Total Number of Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal?
13. Who was the first person from West Bengal to win Bharat Ratna Award?
Answer: Bidhan Chandra Roy
14. On which river is the Kangsabati Kumari Dam built?
15. Which of the following rivers is Once known as “Sorrow of Bengal”?
16. Which coalition came to power in West Bengal in 1977?
Answer: Left Front
17. Calcutta High Court is the oldest High Court in India. Was it established in the year?
18. In the Indian state of West Bengal, the word ‘Patishapta’ defines what?
Answer: A Bengali sweet dish
19. The Battle of Plassey was fought in the year
20. Which is the West Bengal state Tree?