General Awareness Questions are the most essential part of general quizzes, tests, or exams. There are many free sites that provide General Awareness Questions with answers for nearly all exams.
With the advent of general awareness questions, the importance of general awareness questions has grown manifold. Awareness about anything and everything under the sun is the need of the hour. This has also increased the need for general awareness questions with answers. As a result, we have presented an article containing a compilation of general awareness questions with answers.
Contending for a job without any knowledge about the associated fields is a handicap, so applicants are advised to keep their general knowledge updated. The general awareness section is made up of questions from almost every field and is an important section. Here is a list of general awareness questions.
General awareness questions are the most important part of exams like the Banking CET, SSC, and other competitive exams. This is where a candidate needs to be the best prepared and familiar with the subject matter. Here we will compile a list of general awareness questions with answers.
The general awareness question section is the most important in any exam and it is a part of every competitive exam. These questions are designed for students preparing for competitive exams across India. Be it for SSC, IBPS, Banking, Railways, State PSC, and other exams for students.Here is a list of the general awareness questions.
General Awareness Questions with Answers For Bank
Q.1 The British established their first factory in Surat with the permission of _________.
b) Sher Shah Suri
d) Shah Jahan
Q.2 The Curiosity rover built by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) as a part of an Astrobiology mission successfully landed on the planet–
Q.3 Which of the following is not an endocrine gland?
a) Pituitary gland
c) Pineal gland
d) None of these
Q.4 Which of the following is not correctly matched?
a) Cyrus Mistry: Tata Group
b) Sheryl Sandberg: Facebook
c) Larry Page: Google
d) Deepak Parekh: HFCL
Q.5 Which of the following acts as both exocrine and endocrine glands?
d) Pituitary gland
Q.6 Which of the following does not produce hormones?
c) Gastro-intestinal tract
d) None of these
Q.7 Who among the following Viceroys wrote the book ‘Problems of the East’?
a) Lord Curzon
b) Lord Clive
c) Lord Mayo
d) Lord Mountbatten
Q.8 Which among the following Philosophical Systems expounds ‘Critical Examination’ or ‘Solution of a problem by reflection?
Q.9 Who among the following said about Md. Ali Jinnah that he was an ‘Ambassador of Hindu- Muslim Unity’?
a) Annie Besant
b) Sarojini Naidu
c) B. G. Tilak
d) None of these
Q.10 Which among the following is considered the best rock-cut temple in the world?
a) Brihadeeswara Temple, Tanjavur
b) Lingaraja Temple, Bhubaneswar
c) Kailasha Temple, Ellora
d) Kandariya Temple, Khajuraho
Q.11 Badayuni said that “Sultan got freedom from his masses and masses from the Sultan”. Who among the following kings does he refer to?
a) Alauddin Khilji
d) Md. Bin Tughlaq
Q.12 The cost that changes in proportion to the goods or services that a business produces is termed as________.
a) Opportunity cost
b) Average cost
c) Variable cost
d) Marginal cost
Q.13 Which of the following is NOT a potential gain from the increased market competition?
a) Improvements in technology
b) A better variety of products
c) A faster pace of invention and innovation
d) a Higher price for consumers
Q.14 Who among the following was a German philosopher, economist, and revolutionary socialist?
a) David Ricardo
b) Karl Marx
c) Adam Smith
d) John Maynard Keynes
Q.15 The existence of a Parallel Economy refers to the existence of ________.
a) Foreign investment
b) Call money
c) Hot money
d) Block money
Q.16 The availability of goods and services in the marketplace at any given point in time is defined as____________.
Q.17 The speaker of the Lok Sabha appoints among the following?
a) Leader of Opposition
b) Prime minister
c) Two members of the Anglo-Indian community
d) Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha
Q.18 The current President of India is Pranab Mukherjee, who is the ______.
a) 10th President of India
b) 12th President of India
c) 13th President of India
d) 14th President of India
Q.19 The ‘Provision of States’ incorporated in the Constitution of India was borrowed from the Constitution of________.
Q.20 Who among the following non-members has the right to participate in the proceedings of the Parliament, though not to vote?
a) RBI Governor
b) CBI chief
c) Attorney General
d) Chief Justice of India
Q.21 Which state has officially declared the name of its capital city Amaravathi?
b) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
Q.22 King Simuka was the founder of_________.
a) Satavahana dynasty
b) Sunga dynasty
c) Chola dynasty
d) Kanva dynasty
Q.23 Though slavery was abolished throughout the British Empire through the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833, slavery was abolished in the India Slavery Act of______.
Q.24 Who was chosen as the first satyagrahi to launch the Individual Satyagraha in 1940?
a) Acharya Vinoba Bhava
b) Jawahar Lal Nehru
c) Brahma Datt
d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Q.25 Which of the following is wrongly paired? Book Author
a) Dashakumaracharita Dandin
b) Mudrarakshasa Vishakhadatta
c) Brihatkatha Gunadhya
d) Rajtarangini Somdeva
General Awareness Questions with Answers For Rail
1. Which of the following is the longest Railway tunnel in the world?
A. Gotthard Base Tunnel
B. Seikan Tunnel
C. Yulhyeon Tunnel
D. Channel Tunnel
2. Who among the following is the first female loco pilot (train drivers) of the Indian Railways in India?
A. Rajashree Sachdev
B. Bhavani Kumari
C. Ritu Chauhan
D. Surekha Shankar Yadav (Surekha Yadav)
3. Which of the following is the highest railway system in the world?
A. Qingzang Railway, China
B. Ferrocarril Central Andino, Peru
C. Rio Mulatos-Potosi Line, Bolivia
D. PeruRail, Peru
4. Which of the following Railways line runs parallel to the Arabian Sea, offering views along the coast?
A. Central Railway
B. Konkan Railway
C. Southern Railway
D. Western Railway
5. Which of the following railway station has the world’s longest railway platform in India?
A. Gorakhpur Railway Station
B. Kollam Junction, Kharagpur
C. Bilaspur Railway Station
D. None of the above
6. Which of the following is the world’s busiest metro system?
A. Tokyo Subway, Japan
B. Beijing Subway, China
C. Seoul Subway, South Korea
D. Shanghai Metro, China
7. Which of the following is the busiest suburban railway network in India?
A. Chennai Suburban Railway
B. Lucknow – Kanpur Suburban Railway
C. Kolkata Suburban Railway
D. Mumbai Suburban Railway
8. Who among the following is known as the father of Indian Railways?
A. Lord Dalhousie
B. Lord Ripon
C. Mahatma Gandhi
9. Which of the following is the longest train route in the Indian Subcontinent?
A. Vivek Express – Dibrugarh to Kanyakumari
B. Thiruvananthapuram – Silchar Superfast Express
C. Himsagar Express – Jammu Tawi to Kanyakumari
D. Ten Jammu Express – Tirunelveli Jammu
10. Which is India’s first double Decker train?
A. Ahmedabad Mumbai Central Double Decker Express
B. Samjhuata Express
C. Guwahati Thiruvananthapuram Express
D. Ernakulam Hazrat Nizamudin Duronto
11. Which of the following is not a correct match?
(A) Vithi- Andhra Pradesh
(B) Rasila- Gujarat
(C) Bidesia- Uttarakhand
(D) Krishnavattam- Kerala
12. In which state is Nohkliai Waterfall?
13. A famous place dedicated to Sabarimala in Kerala is?
14. When was the Food Safety and Standards Act passed in India?
15. What is the share of the Government of India in NABARD?
16. Whose period is called the Golden Age of Mughal Architecture?
(B) Shah Jahan
17. Muhammad bin Qasim invade India?
18. In which state is the Lingaraj temple located?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(B) Uttar Pradesh
19. Which dynasty does the bronze statue of Nataraja belong?
20. Amoghavarsha belonged to which dynasty?
21. When was the first train steamed off in India?
22. Which of the following is the headquarters of the newly established railway zone ‘East Coast Railways’?
23. Which train in India has the longest route length?
(A) Howrah – Jammu Tawi Himgiri Express
(B) Kanyakumari – Jammu Tawi Himsagar Express
(C) Kanyakumari – Dibrugarh Vivek Express
(D) Guwahati-Thiruvanthapuram Express
24. Where is the Railway Staff College located?
25. On which of the following is the longest railway bridge in India located?
(A) River Ganges
(B) Vembanad Lake
(C) River Brahmaputra
(D) Chilka Lake
General Awareness Questions with Answers For SSC
Q.1 Governor is appointed by the ……
(A) Prime Minister
(C) Chief Justice of India
(D) Chief Justice of the concerned state high court
Q.2 Find the odd one out.
(A) A. Ramaswamy
(B) Pankaj Advani
(C) P. Hari Krishna
(D) S.S. Ganguli
Q.3 My passage from India is a book authored by….
(A) E.M. Foster
(B) Ismail Merchant
(C) Nairad C. Choudhary
(D) Mulk Raj Anand
Q.4 Coolie is a famous work of….
(A) Khushwant Singh
(B) V.S. Naipaul
(C) Mulk Raj Anand
(D) R.K. Narayan
Q.5 This personality is credited with the invention of the e-mail. Can you identify him from the given?
(A) T. Leo Burns
(B) Larry Page
(C) Ray Tomlinson
(D) None of these
Q.6 When did the Second Round Table conference take place?
Q.7 ‘Ansett’ is the name of the domestic airline of which of the following countries?
(A) New Zealand
(C) The Netherlands
Q.8 Metals that chemically behave both as metals and non-metals are called.
Q.9 Which of the following articles of the Constitution deals with a financial emergency?
(A) Article 352
(B) Article 356
(C) Article 360
(D) Article 370
Q.10 The largest river (in terms of volume of water it carries) is….
(A) the Nile
(B) Mississippi Missouri
(D) the Yangtze
Q.11 World Environment Day is celebrated throughout the world…… every year.
(A) May 8
(B) June 5
(C) July 11
(D) August 27
Q.12 FICCI expands to….
(A) Federation of Indian Companies of Commerce and Instrumentation
(B) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries
(C) Federation of International Chambers of Commerce and Industries
(D) Federation of Indian Conglomerate of Commerce and Industries
Q.13 This place is also known as the ‘Manchester of South India’. Identify it from the given options.
Q.14 Approximately what portion of the world’s population resides in India?
Q.15 Decibel is the unit of….
(D) luminous intensity
Q.16 Which of the following trains is India’s first certified ISO-9001 train?
(A) Mumbai-Delhi Shatabdi Express
(B) Magadha Express
(C) Bhopal Express
(D) AP Express
Q.17 Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI) is based at…..
Q.18 December 1 is celebrated as the…… throughout the world.
(A) World Health Day
(B) World AIDS Day
(C) World Human Rights Day
(D) World Habitat Day
Q.19 Who wrote the book The Algebra of Infinite Justice?
(A) Virama Seth
(B) Rohinton Mistry
(C) Anurag Mathur
(D) Arundhati Roy
Q.20 ‘Manas Tiger Sanctuary’ is in….
(C) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
Q.21 Panini was……
(A) a Greek philosopher
(B) an Indian astronomer and famous mathematician
(C) a Sanskrit grammarian of Vedic times
(D) the great poet of ancient times.
Q.22 Mein Kampf is authored by…
(A) Napoleon Bonaparte
(B) Karl Marx
(C) Adolf Hitler
(D) Benito Mussolini
Q.23 Which of the following is the largest and deepest ocean in the world?
(A) the Arctic
Q.24 The literacy rate of India is….
Q.25 Which Indian state has the least literacy rate?
(C) Arunachal Pradesh
Q.26 SAARC was formed in ……
Q.27 Which of the following is not a member of the European Union?
(D) the United Kingdom
Q.28 ASEAN is headquartered at….
(D) Kuala Lumpur
Q.29 This river was also called as the Ganges of the South, Name the river from the given options.
(A) the Godavari
(D) None of these
Q.30 Which Indian state is inhabited by the ‘Jaintiya tribes’?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
General Awareness Questions with Answers For Other Exams
1. Yellow fever is spread by
C. house fly
2. Rh factor is present in
3. Retina contains the sensitive cells called
A. rods and cones
B. cones and cortex
C. rods and pelvis
D. cortex and fovea
4. BCG Vaccination is injected to get immunity from
C. Small Pox
5. The structure of the double helix of DNA was described by
A. Dr. M. Soha
B. Watson and Crick
C. Dr. S. Hawking
D. Dr. A. Fleming
6. The use of microorganism metabolism to remove pollutants such as oil spills in the water bodies is known as :
7. In the context of India’s wildlife, the flying fox is a __?
8. What percentage of land area should remain covered by forest to maintain ecological balance?
D. None of these
9. Which among the following is known as “Sairandhri Vanam”?
A. Silent Valley National Park
B. Mudumalai National Park
C. Periyar National Park
D. Guindy National Park
10. In which among the following places of the world all species of ‘ Lemur’ are endemic?
A. New Caledonia
B. Galapagos Islands
D. None of the above
11. World Wildlife Day is celebrated at:
A. 25th January
B. 2nd February
C. 27th February
D. 3rd March
12. News websites deliver customized ‘feeds’ of content to their readers via RSS, which stands for :
A. Really Simple Syndication
B. Real Social Syndication
C. Registered Subscriber Syndication
D. Really Simple Synchronization
13. If a computer has more than one processor then it is known as?
14. “Macintosh” an Operating System is a product of?
15. Which of the following are components of the Central Processing Unit (CPU)?
A. Arithmetic logic unit, Mouse
B. Arithmetic logic unit, Control unit
C. Arithmetic logic unit, Integrated Circuits
D. Control Unit, Monitor
- 150 + General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
- SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification Out | Exam Date, Online Form
- 50+ Gk Questions On Animals For Class 2 Students