GK questions are a gold mine of information. They can help you learn a lot about the world and how it works. They can also be fun. These fun general knowledge questions can help you learn and they can help you get your brain working.
Many people are now using the internet to learn various facts. In fact, many websites have quizzes designed to test how much the user knows about certain facts. A quiz is a fun and interesting way to test your general knowledge. This article will help you to create your own quizzes, test the questions and answers quiz in different formats and share your quiz with friends and family.
General knowledge questions and answers are always an entertaining and fun way to test your general knowledge skills. Here is a list of fun general knowledge questions for quiz 2022.
- Following 100+Fun General Knowledge Questions For Quiz 2022
General knowledge is a broad subject that is based on a wide array of information. From physics to art, from geography to history, from philosophy to economics, and from biology to psychology, the areas of general knowledge are endless. This article will cover a broad array of general knowledge questions for quiz 2022.
Following 100+Fun General Knowledge Questions For Quiz 2022
General knowledge questions can be a way to test the general grip on any subject and an interesting way to give your students a different type of learning experience. These general knowledge questions have been divided into different categories and subcategories to make studying them easier. Here is a list of fun general knowledge questions.
General knowledge quiz questions are a lot more than just a quiz game. It’s a great source of knowledge that helps them understand how the world works. A general knowledge quiz can be a great way to learn new things and spark interest in their area of interest.
General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- What country has the highest life expectancy? – Hong Kong
- Which language has the more native speakers: English or Spanish? – Spanish
- What disease commonly spread on pirate ships? – Scurvy
- Who was the Ancient Greek God of the Sun? – Apollo
- What was the name of the crime boss who was head of the feared Chicago Outfit? – Al Capone
- What year was the United Nations established? –1945
- Who has won the most total Academy Awards? – Walt Disney
- How many bones do we have in an ear? – 3
- How many minutes are in a full week? – 10,080
- What car manufacturer had the highest revenue in 2020? – Volkswagen
- How many elements are in the periodic table? – 118
- What company was originally called “Cadabra”? – Amazon
- In what country is the Chornobyl nuclear plant located? – Ukraine
- What software company is headquartered in Redmond, Washington? – Microsoft
- The Parthenon Marbles are controversially located in what museum? – The British Museum
- How many ghosts chase Pac-Man at the start of each game? – 4
- What Renaissance artist is buried in Rome’s Pantheon? – Raphael
- What shoe brand makes the “Mexico 66”? – Onitsuka Tiger
- What country has won the most World Cups?- Brazil
- Which planet has the most moons?- Saturn
General Knowledge Questions For Quiz on Awards and Honours
1. Which among the following personalities got India’s highest civilian awards?
A. Madan Mohan Malaviya
B. Manmohan Singh
C. Deendayal Upadhyaya
D. L. K Advani
2. Which of the following awards is not associated with the field of sports?
A. Arjuna Award
B. Dronacharya Award
C. Dhyan Chand Award
D. Norman Borlaug Award
3. The prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Award was conferred upon Ms.Kiran Bedi for her excellent contribution to which of the following fields?
B. Community Welfare
C. Government Service
4. Who is the first Asian Winner of the Nobel Prize?
A. C. V. Raman
B. Rajiv Gandhi
C. Rabindranath Tagore
D. Mother Teresa
5. Which of the following awards was conferred on Mrs. Kiran Bedi
B. Golden Globe
D. Rani Lakshmi
6. B. C. Roy Award is given in the field of
7. _____________ is for the contribution to Literature?
A. Booker Prize
B. Moorti Devi Award
C. Saraswati Samman
D. Jnapith Award
E. All of these
8. Who was the first actor to get Oscar Award?
C. Janet Gayner
D. Charlie Chaplin
9. Hari Om Ashram Trust Awards are presented to outstanding
C. Literary writers
10. Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2000 was awarded to the former President of South Africa along with
A. Sathish Dawan
C. Grameen Bank of Bangladesh
D. World Health Organisation
11. ‘ Global 500 ‘ awards are given for the outstanding achievement in which of the following fields
A. Population Control
B. campaign against drugs
C. Elimination of illiteracy
D. Protection of the environment
12. In which areas are the Nobel Prize?
A. Sports, Education
B. Agriculture, teachers
C. Medicine, literature, peace, chemistry, physics (1901) and economics (1969)
D. None of these
13. The first sportsperson to have the honor of “Bharat Ratna” is:
A. Milkha Singh
B. Sunil Gavaskar
C. Dara Singh
D. Sachin Tendulkar
14. The ‘Cannes Award’ is given for excellence in which field?
15. “Ashoka Chakra” is awarded for
A. Outstanding contribution to the literature
B. Gallantry By Children
C. Acts of gallantry in the presence of the enemy
D. The most conspicuous bravery of self-sacrifice on land, air, or sea but not in presence of an enemy
16. Which author has been awarded the title Companion of Honour on Dec 12, 2017?
A. JK Rowling
B. Roald Dahl
C. Charlotte Bronte
D. Jane Austen
17. Who among the following won the Padma Vibhushan Award in 2013 in the category of Science and Technology?
A. Dr. Vijay Kumar Saraswat
B. Dr. Ashoke Sen
C. Prof. Yash Pal
D. Prof. Mustansir Barma
18. Which is the Literary award?
A. Dronacharya Awards
B. R. D. Birla Award
C. Jawaharlal Nehru Award
D. Jnanpith award
19. Who was the first recipient of Padma Vibhushan?
A. Nand Lal Bose
B. Satyendra Nath Bose
C. Dr. Bir Bhan Bhatia
D. Jawaharlal Nehru
20. The Kalinga Prize is given by which of the following organizations?
B. World Health Organisation
C. Jahawarlal Nehru Peace Foundation
D. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
General Knowledge Questions on Invention in The World
1. Who invented the Ball Point Pen?
A. Biro Brothers
B. Waterman Brothers
C. Bicc Brothers
D. Write Brothers
2. Television was invented by
D. John Napier
3. Who invented the Aeroplane?
A. J. Robert Oppenheimer
B. Kirkpatrick Macmillan
C. Wallace Carothers
D. Orville & Wilbur Wright
4. Who invented Air Conditioning?
A. Willis Carrier
B. Ladislo Biro
C. Martin Cooper
D. Thomas Edison
5. Who invented the internet?
A. Robert E. Kahn and Vint Cerf
B. Philip Diehl
C. William Sturgeon
D. Frederick Banting
6. Who invented the wireless remote control?
A. Frank Nesso
B. Alexandre Alexeieff
C. Robert Adler
D. Ami Argand
7. Who invented the FM radio?
A. Edwin Howard Armstrong
B. Edward Henrik Armstrong
C. Louis Theroux
D. Adam Anter
8. Who build the first modern motorcar?
B. Karl Benz
C. Henry Austin
D. Henry Ford
9. Penicillin was discovered by
A. Alexender Flemming
B. J. Gutenberg
C. Sir Frank Whittle
D. James Watt
10. Which of the following is the outstanding contribution of Scientist Aneriko Fermi in Physics?
A. Nuclear Furnace or Bath
B. Laws of Motion
C. Discovery of Calculus
11. Which of the following is the major contribution of Scientist Swington in Physics?
A. Atom Bomb
B. Military Tank
C. Both A & B
D. All of the above
12. In what year was the ball bearing patented?
13. Which famous inventor worked at a patent office?
A. Nikola Tesla
B. Thomas Edison
C. Albert Einstein
14. Who invented the telephone?
A. J.L Baird
B. Alexander Graham Bell
D. James Dewar
15. Who invented the railway engine?
A. Charles Babbage
B. Isaac Newton
C. James Watt
D. George Stephenson
16. Who invented the polio vaccine (oral)?
A. Albert Sabin
C. Luise Pasture
D. Jonas Salk
17. What scientist discovered the radioactive element radium?
A. Isaac Newton
B. Albert Einstein
C. Benjamin Franklin
D. Marie Curie
18. Microprocessor was invented by
A. Alfred Nobel
B. Federico Faggin
C. Zacharias Janssen
D. Percy Spencer
19. John Logie Baird invented which of the following?
20. Which insurance salesman invented the fountain pen in 1884?
A. Lewis Edson Waterman
B. Sir William Grove
C. Charles Kettering
D. George Fountain
Important General Knowledge Questions For Quiz
1. Where will you find the largest museum in India?
2. Which is the largest bone in the human body?
Answer: Femur, also known as the thighbone
3. Which is the first biosphere reserve in India?
Answer: Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve
4. Which is the largest freshwater lake in India?
Answer: Wular Lake
5. What is the full form of HTTP?
Answer: Hypertext Transfer Protocol
6. Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
7. Place these shapes in order of how many sides they have—square, triangle, octagon, and hexagon?
Answer: Triangle, square, hexagon, octagon
8. Who discovered the theory of relativity?
Answer: Albert Einstein
9. When is Hindi Diwas celebrated?
Answer: September 14th of every year
10. What is the script for the Hindi language?
11. Who was the most sought-after social reformer after the end of Sati?
Answer: Raja Ram Mohan Roy
12. What is the name of our galaxy?
Answer: Milk Mekhela also known as the Milky Way
13. What is the percentage of water on the floor of our planet?
Answer: 71 percent
14. When is Earth Day celebrated?
Answer: April 22nd of each year
15. Which is the longest and shortest river in India?
Answer: Brahmaputra and Tapi, respectively.
16. Name the metals known to the people of Indus Valley Civilisation?
Answer: Copper, bronze, silver, and gold
17. Who was the first female Governor of an Indian State?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
18. Jhum cultivation is a method of cultivation that is used to be practiced in which state?
19. Which planet is the coldest planet in our solar system?
20. Who was the first Muslim lady to rule the Delhi Throne?
Answer: Razia Sultana
General Knowledge Questions Every Student Should Know
- What does FIFA stand for in English? – International Federation of Association Football
- Who is the world’s highest-paid athlete in 2021? – Conor McGregor
- In what city is the NFL Hall of Fame located? – Canton, Ohio
- Simone Biles is famous for her skill in what sport? – Gymnastics
- The capital of Bulgaria is – Sofia
- What is the capital of Canada? – Ottawa
- What is the only flag that does not have four sides? – Nepal
- What height is a regulation NBA basket? – 10 feet / 3.02 meters
- What is the national sport of Japan? – Sumo Wrestling
- What sporting event has a strict dress code of all white? – Wimbledon
- What is the only continent with land in all four hemispheres? – Africa
- Which river flows through the Grand Canyon? – Colorado River
- Where is Angel Falls, the world’s largest waterfall, located? – Venezuela
- What is the state capital of New York? – Albany
- On what continent would you find the world’s largest desert? – Antarctica
- What is the capital of Ireland? – Dublin
- What is the smallest US state by area? – Rhode Island
- What is the tallest type of tree? – Redwoods
- How many colors are used in the South African flag? – 6
- What are the 5 Great Lakes? – Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario
- World General Knowledge Questions and Answers 2022
- 100 + MCQ Questions for Kids – with Answers Updated List
- 100 + MCQ Questions for class 8 Students – with Answers