General awareness questions are integral to any competitive exam, but it might be tricky to develop good-quality questions. Here are some interesting general awareness questions you can use for your school or college exam preparations or competitive exams. Here is a list of interesting general awareness.
Questions based on general awareness are often asked in interviews. These interesting general awareness questions are very important and provide you with a very good idea of the candidate’s awareness of what is going on around them. Interview questions based on general awareness need not be memorized. These interesting general awareness questions can be solved on the spot by anyone who is aware of the happening around them.
Questions based on general awareness are not only asked in interviews but also in various competitive exams. These interesting general awareness questions may be asked in various exams like SSC, CGL, NDA, and many more. Here is the list of interesting general awareness questions.
Interesting General Awareness questions are an important part of an all-around competitive exam. And with the growing number of competitive exams, the importance of general awareness questions is only going to increase. We have listed these questions in a way so that aspirants can practice the same and get an idea of the type of questions that they may encounter in their examination. We have compiled a list of interesting general awareness questions.
Following Interesting General Awareness Questions with Answers 2022
The interesting general awareness section has always been considered a scoring section in exams. The candidates who do not pay enough attention to general awareness end up losing their marks in this section.
Candidates who have knowledge of the general awareness section can easily attempt the questions and gain good marks. The candidates who want to attempt these questions can not only refer to these questions but can also refer to these articles as they are very useful for the preparation of Interesting General Awareness. Here we have listed a list of interesting general awareness.
Interesting General Awareness Questions with Answers for Competitive Exams
Q: What of the following country has got fourth place in the Global Firepower Index, 2021?
Q: What has the Gujarat government recently announced to change the name of dragon fruit?
(A) Gulabam Fruit
(B) Marigold Fruit
(C) Kamalam Fruit
(D) Sunflower Fruit
Q: Who among the following will become the first female fighter to fly a fighter plane in the Republic Day parade?
(A) Avani Chaturvedi
(B) Shivangi Singh
(C) Mohana Singh
(D) Bhavna Kant
Q: After how many years Palestine is ready to hold its first national election in the year 2021?
(A) 10 years
(B) 25 years
(C) 20 years
(D) 14 years
Q: Bharat Biotech has tied up with which country’s the company for the supply of Covaccine?
Q: In which nation is the global stockpile of Ebola vaccine being made?
Q: Which country has been re-designated as the ‘State Sponsor of Terrorism by the United States of America?
Q: Which mobile app has been launched by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to measure mobile internet speed?
(A) Speed test
(B) My speed
(C) Speed Axis
(D) What speed
Q: Who has been appointed as the new Executive Director of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
(A) Meena Hemchandra
(B) Milind Sharma
(C) Deepak Singhal
(D) Sudarshan Sen
Q: The Bakken Formation is one of the largest contiguous deposits of oil and natural gas. It is located in which country?
Q: Which state has officially declared the name of its capital city Amaravathi?
b) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
Q: King Simuka was the founder of_________.
a) Satavahana dynasty
b) Sunga dynasty
c) Chola dynasty
d) Kanva dynasty
Q: Though slavery was abolished throughout the British Empire through the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833, slavery was abolished in the India Slavery Act of______.
Q: Who was chosen as the first satyagrahi to launch the Individual Satyagraha in 1940?
a) Acharya Vinoba Bhava
b) Jawahar Lal Nehru
c) Brahma Datt
d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Q: Which of the following is wrongly paired? Book Author
a) Dashakumaracharita Dandin
b) Mudrarakshasa Vishakhadatta
c) Brihatkatha Gunadhya
d) Rajtarangini Somdeva
Q: A quick-growing crop planted between two regular crops grown in consecutive seasons, is called a______.
a) Substitute crop
b) Middle crop
c) Cash crop
d) Catch crop
Q: Which of the following is a project(s) constructed on the Mahanadi river in India?
a) Dudhawa Reservior
b) Ravishankar Sagar dam ( Gangrel Dam )
c) Hirakud Dam
d) All the above
Q: The pre-monsoon showers that are beneficial for coffee plantations in Karnataka are called________.
a) Mango Showers
b) Cherry Blossoms
d) Brown Showers
Q: Which of the following pairs of cities and countries is NOT matched correctly?
a) Istanbul – Turkey
b) Marseille – Spain
c) Hamburg – Germany
d) Florence – Italy
Q: The famous Angkor Wat temple, the largest religious monument in the world, was built in the early 12th century by_______.
b) Suryavarman II
c) Bhavavarman II
Interesting General Awareness Questions with Answers for Banking Exams
- Which of the following countries has agreed to accept the payment for the export of oil and petroleum products to India, in rupee terms instead of the dollar or any other currency?
2. As per the newspaper reports Government of India has finally agreed to purchase advanced MRMRs for its naval forces. What is these MRMRs?
(D) Radar Systems
(E) Rocket Launcher
3. Which of the following agencies/organizations decided to cancel 122 Licenses of 2G Spectrum issued by the Government of India to various companies and asked the Government to do the process afresh?
(A) comptroller and auditor general of India
(B) supreme court of India
(C) telecom regulatory authority of India
(D) Confederation of Indian Industry
(E) reserve bank of India
4. Who among the following is the Prime Minister of a country at present and has also won the Presidential Elections held in March 2012? (He had been President of the country twice in the past. This will be his third term as President. He will join the office in July 2012),
(A) Mohammed Waheed Hassan
(B) Abd. Rabbo Mansour Hadi
(C) Daniel Ortega
(D) Vladimir Putin
(E) None of these
5. Which of the following countries approved a new constitution of the country in a referendum through secret voting held in February 2012?
6. Which of the following countries has signed a ‘Non-Aggression Pact’ with Sudan?
(D) South Africa
(E) South Sudan
7. General Clients of various banks in India can make a complaint to which of the following offices, on the issues related to a deficiency in services that do not get resolved at the bank level?
(A) Comptroller and auditor general of India
(B) Attorney general of India
(D) Indian Audit Bureau
(E) Indian Banks Association
8. The sensitive index of the National Stock Exchange of India is popularly known as…
9. Which of the following countries decided to add 3000 more centrifuges to its Uranium enrichment programs, despite tough economic sanctions on it from various western countries?
10. Who among the following Indians was conferred the prestigious, “National Medal o Arts and Humanities, awarded by US President in February 2012?
(A) Dr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia
(B) Ms. Meira Kumar
(C) Dr. Amartya Sen
(D) Dr. D Subbarao
(E) Shri Nr Narayan Murthy
11. The proceeds from disinvestment of various public-sector undertakings are channelized into…
(A) Technology Upgradation Fund.
(B) Venture Capital Fund
(C) Rural Innovation Fund
(D) Portfolio Risk Fund
(E) National Investment Fund
12. World Day for Water is observed on which of the following dates?
(A) 22 August
(B) 22 July
(C) 22 October
(D) 22 March
(E) 22 April
13. As per new data released recently what was GDP’s real growth rate?
14. Meryl Streep who was awarded one of the Oscar Awards in 2012, is famous.
(A) Film Director
(D) Screenplay writer
(E) Costume Designer
15. Which of the following countries has announced to freeze its Nuclear Program so that it can avail food aid from the US and other countries?
(A) North Korea
(B) South Korea
16. Which of the following organizations has agreed to give financial aid of US $ 4.3 billion to India to help it in eliminating poverty?
(A) International Monetary Fund
(B) World Bank
(C) Bank of Tokyo and HSBC Jointly
(D) Asian Development Bank
(E) IMF and ADB Jointly
17. What is the Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) at present/
(E) None of these
18. Which of the following is one of the major functions of the National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development?
(A) Provide loans to State Government for developing rural infrastructures.
(B) Preparing Monetary and Credit Policy of India.
(C) Deciding Bank Rate
(D) Providing Credit to Small Industrial Units
(E) Monitoring and Controlling functions of the stock exchanges in India
19. India conducted a joint naval coast guard exercise Sahyog-Kaijin-XI with…
20. Which of the following teams won the Africa Cup Football championship final held in February 2012?
(C) South Africa
(D) Ivory Coast
General Awareness Questions with Answers for Railway Exams
1. Name the First Train in India?
Answer: Red Hill Railway (1837)
2. India’s First Train ran between?
Answer: Red Hills to Chintadripet bridge (Madras)
Explanation: It was pulled by a rotary steam-engine locomotive manufactured by William Avery and Built by Arthur Cotton. The railway was primarily used for transporting laterite stone in Madras for road-building works.
3. First Passenger Train in India?
Answer: Sahib, Sindh, and Sultan (16 April 1853). It had 14-carriage and started at 3:35 pm.
4. India’s First Passenger Train Ran Between?
Answer: Bombay’s Bori Bunder station and Thane station (The journey took an hour and fifteen minutes).
5. How Many People did the First Passenger Train carry?
6. Distance covered by the first passenger train?
Answer: 34 Km (21 miles)
7. The First Passenger Train in Eastern India ran from?
Answer: Howrah to Hoogly (15 August 1854)
Explanation: It was a distance of 39 Km (24 miles)
8. South India’s first passenger train ran from?
Answer: Royapuram–Veyasarapady (Madras) to Wallajah Road in Arcot (1 July 1856)
Explanation: It was a distance of 97 km (60 miles)
9. When was India’s first tramway (horse-drawn) opened in Calcutta?
Answer: 24 February 1873
Explanation: The first tramway ran between Sealdah and Armenian Ghat Street. It was a distance of 3.8 kilometers (2.4 miles)
10. First Railway to introduce electric lighting as standard fixtures?
Answer: Jodhpur Railway (1902)
11. First Electric signal lighting was introduced between?
Answer: Dadar and Currey Train Road in Bombay in the year 1920
12. The First Electric Passenger train in India ran between?
Answer: Victoria Terminus (VT) and Kurla, 3 February 1925 (on 1,500 V DC overhead traction)
13. India’s first automatic color-light signals became operational between?
Answer: Bombay VT to Byculla
14. When were Sleeping accommodations introduced in coaches?
Answer: 1st August 1955
15. Fans and lights were mandated for all compartments in all passenger classes?
16. First Fully Air-Conditioned (AC) Train was introduced between?
Answer: Howrah to Delhi (1956)
17. Is The first section electrified with 25 kV AC traction?
Answer: Raj Kharswan to Dangoaposi (1960)
18. The first Indian Metro?
Answer: Kolkata Metro
Explanation: Kolkata Metro was Inaugurated in 1984 by former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. The route covered 12 stations- 6 elevated, and 6 underground.
19. India’s first Metro Train ran from?
Answer: Esplanade to Bhowanipur (now the Netaji Bhawan station) in Calcutta on 24 October 1984
20. When was computerized ticketing and reservations introduced and where?
Answer: In 1986, New Delhi
General Awareness Questions with Answers for SSC Exams
Q.1 Who has been elected the mascot of the 39th National Games in 2022?
(A) Claude Leppard
(B) P. Chidambaram
(C) Nanak Singh
(D) None of the above
Q.2 In which of the following countries, the Chakravarti storm ‘Usman’ has recently been the most catastrophic?
(B) the Philippines
Q.3 Has recently received a temporary membership of the UN Security Council?
(D) South Africa
Q.4 Ramakant Achrekar who died recently, is related?
(A) Game jump
(B) From social service
(C) From the film industry
(D) Music playing
Q.5 Does the stator make between poles and rotor poles?
(A) cosine angle
(B) Phase angle
(C) Rita Dancy Angle
(D) All of the above
Q.6 Which of the following countries recently created the Weihad Destructive Bomb ‘H-6 Bomb Bays’?
(A) North Korea
(B) South Korea
Q.7 Which of the following countries of the United States has been discussing the Sima controversy in recent days?
Q.8 President of World Bank who has recently announced to resign from his post?
(A) Jim Young King
(B) Cristalina Georgiev
(C) Erna Solzheng
(D) None of these
Q.9 The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a high-level committee to encourage the digitization of payments, is the chairman of this committee?
(A) HR Khan
(B) Nandan Nilekani
(C) Vimal Jalan
(D) Mrs. Aruna Sharma
Q.10 Which of the following countries is related to the Yellow West movement in the recent past?
(B) the United Arab Emirates
Q.11 With the implementation of GST, the GST Council has constituted a committee to deal with the shortfall in revenue of the states, is the chairman of this committee?
(A) Arun Jaitley
(B) Sushil Kumar Modi
(C) Rajiv Kumar
Q.12 Which of the following states / Union Territories of India has introduced the ‘One Family One Job’ scheme?
Q.13 America’s first ‘Philip Kotler President’ honor has been recently honored?
(A) Arvind Kejriwal
(B) Gem Zipping
(C) Narendra Modi
(D) Donald Trump
Q.14 ‘G-77’ has been presided over which of the following?
Q.15 Was the recent Global Aviation Summit 2019 organized?
(A) in Mumbai
(B) Aurangabad in Maharashtra
(C) in Hyderabad
(D) in Bangalore
Q.16 Indian athlete, who has been nominated for the prestigious Laureus World Sports Awards?
(A) Vinesh Phogat
(B) Neeraj Chapada
(C) MS Mary Com
(D) None of these
Q.17 Which of the following countries has recently entered into an agreement to import uranium?
Q.18 Which of the following countries has launched micro-satellites recently for the production of artificial meteor showers?
(B) European Union
Q.19 A project has recently been started for the purpose of developing forest quality and the livelihood of forest dwellers.
(B) in Tripura
(C) in Sikkim
(D) in Meghalaya
Q.20 In which of the following countries, the use of Indian notes of the high-value class has been banned?
(B) the Maldives
(C) Sri Lanka