The thought of clearing any Bank exam can be a very nerve-racking one. One of the most effective ways of preparing to clear the Bank exams is by doing Bank mock tests, which are available online, but one should not stop there. Here is a list of general knowledge questions for bank exams.
The real key to clearing any Bank exam is to make sure that you have a very strong grip on the General Knowledge section. This general knowledge section is very important and makes up for a good score on the exam, as well as a vast majority of the questions.
There are a number of questions that are being asked in the Bank Exams related to various General Knowledge topics. If you are planning to appear in bank exams then you need to start preparing for the same. One of the best ways of starting preparation is to start studying the Current Affairs section of the exam. Here are some of the most important questions that you can practice for the bank exam.
Bank exams are competitive and so it is important to study well to pass. There are important questions and topics which bank exams focus on and they are important to know. This article will give details of those topics, questions, and answers.
Following Important General Knowledge Questions For Bank Exams 2023
General Knowledge Questions are very common in Bank exams. The banking sector is one of the largest employers in the country and is growing rapidly day by day. So every year thousands of students appear for Bank Exams in India. For them, knowing the GK is very important. Below is a list of GK questions for bank exams –
Bank exams are one of the most common exams that India and other countries conduct. Bank exams come in many forms and usually, you have to take different types of banking exams before you can become a banker. Different banks also have different exams for their candidates and the type of exam that you take also depends on the position you are applying for.
General Knowledge Questions With Answers 2023
Q.1 Governor is appointed by the ……
(A) Prime Minister
(C) Chief Justice of India
(D) Chief Justice of the concerned state high court
Q.2 Find the odd one out.
(A) A. Ramaswamy
(B) Pankaj Advani
(C) P. Hari Krishna
(D) S.S. Ganguli
Q.3 My passage from India is a book authored by….
(A) E.M. Foster
(B) Ismail Merchant
(C) Nairad C. Choudhary
(D) Mulk Raj Anand
Q.4 Coolie is a famous work of….
(A) Khushwant Singh
(B) V.S. Naipaul
(C) Mulk Raj Anand
(D) R.K. Narayan
Q.5 This personality is credited with the invention of the e-mail. Can you identify him from the given?
(A) T. Leo Burns
(B) Larry Page
(C) Ray Tomlinson
(D) None of these
Q.6 When did the Second Round Table conference take place?
Q.7 ‘Ansett’ is the name of the domestic airline of which of the following countries?
(A) New Zealand
(C) The Netherlands
Q.8 Metals that chemically behave both as metals and non-metals are called.
Q.9 Which of the following articles of the Constitution deals with a financial emergency?
(A) Article 352
(B) Article 356
(C) Article 360
(D) Article 370
Q.10 The largest river (in terms of volume of water it carries) is….
(A) the Nile
(B) Mississippi Missouri
(D) the Yangtze
Q.11 World Environment Day is celebrated throughout the world…… every year.
(A) May 8
(B) June 5
(C) July 11
(D) August 27
Q.12 FICCI expands to….
(A) Federation of Indian Companies of Commerce and Instrumentation
(B) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries
(C) Federation of International Chambers of Commerce and Industries
(D) Federation of Indian Conglomerate of Commerce and Industries
Q.13 This place is also known as the ‘Manchester of South India’. Identify it from the given options.
Q.14 Approximately what portion of the world’s population resides in India?
Q.15 Decibel is the unit of….
(D) luminous intensity
Important General Knowledge
1. The proceeds from disinvestment of various public-sector undertakings are channelized into…
(A) Technology Upgradation Fund.
(B) Venture Capital Fund
(C) Rural Innovation Fund
(D) Portfolio Risk Fund
(E) National Investment Fund
2. World Day for Water is observed on which of the following dates?
(A) 22 August
(B) 22 July
(C) 22 October
(D) 22 March
(E) 22 April
3. As per new data released recently what was GDP’s real growth rate?
4. Meryl Streep who was awarded one of the Oscar Awards in 2012, is famous.
(A) Film Director
(D) Screenplay writer
(E) Costume Designer
5. Which of the following countries has announced to freeze its Nuclear Program so that it can avail food aid from the US and other countries?
(A) North Korea
(B) South Korea
6. Which of the following organizations has agreed to give financial aid of US $ 4.3 billion to India to help it in eliminating poverty?
(A) International Monetary Fund
(B) World Bank
(C) Bank of Tokyo and HSBC Jointly
(D) Asian Development Bank
(E) IMF and ADB Jointly
7. What is the Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) at present/
(E) None of these
8. Which of the following is one of the major functions of the National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development?
(A) Provide loans to State Government for developing rural infrastructures.
(B) Preparing Monetary and Credit Policy of India.
(C) Deciding Bank Rate
(D) Providing Credit to Small Industrial Units
(E) Monitoring and Controlling functions of the stock exchanges in India
9. India conducted a joint naval coast guard exercise Sahyog-Kaijin-XI with…
10. Which of the following teams won the Africa Cup Football championship final held in February 2012?
(C) South Africa
(D) Ivory Coast
11. The Curiosity rover built by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) as a part of an Astrobiology mission successfully landed on the planet–
12. Which of the following is not an endocrine gland?
(A) Pituitary gland
(C) Pineal gland
(D) None of these
13. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Cyrus Mistry: Tata Group
(B) Sheryl Sandberg: Facebook
(C) Larry Page: Google
(D) Deepak Parekh: HFCL
14. Which of the following acts as both exocrine and endocrine glands?
(D) Pituitary gland
15. Which of the following does not produce hormones?
(C) Gastro-intestinal tract
(D) None of these
Computer Awareness For Banking Exams
1.The word bandwidth is also used to mean ________?[A] width of the data cable
[B] amount of data transferred
[C] number of computers on a particular network
[D] none of the above
Answer: B [amount of data transferred ]
Bandwidth refers to the amount of data that can be transmitted in a fixed amount of time. For digital devices, the bandwidth is usually expressed in bits per second(bps) or bytes per second.
2. DDL is used to define the structure of a database, including the tables, columns, and data types that it contains. Its full form is?[A] Data Definition Language
[B] Data Definition Link
[C] Determination Language.
[D] None of these
Answer: A [Data Definition Language]
A data definition or data description language (DDL) is a syntax similar to a computer programming language for defining data structures, especially database schemas. DDL statements create and modify database objects such as tables, indexes, and users. Common DDL statements are CREATE, ALTER, and DROP.
3. Which of the following generation of computers is associated with artificial intelligence?[A] First
Answer: C [Fifth]
The discussion around the Fifth Generation computers includes new computer programming and architecture; semantics of programming languages; relational databases, linguistics theory, artificial intelligence, interference systems, and so on.
4.One kilobyte has _____?[A] 1000 bytes
[B] 128 bytes
[C] 1024 bytes
[D] 1036 bytes
Answer: C [1024 bytes]
The kilobyte is equal to 1024 bytes (210 B), a common usage. The usage of the metric prefix kilo for binary multiples rose conveniently because 1024 is approximately 1000.
5. Which among the following is used for removing a software bug/defect which is available for free of cost from the software provider?[A] Version
Answer: D [patch]
A patch is a collective name of all the changes to a computer program aimed to update, fix, or improve it including addressing the security vulnerabilities and other bugs.
6. Dynamic Adhoc Wireless Networks (DAWN) usually come under ___?[A] 2G
Answer: D [5G]
The DAWN Dynamic Ad-hoc Wireless Networks project is developing a general theory of complex and dynamic wireless communication networks. It comes under 5G.
7. Which among the following has been standardized in the IEEE 802.3 specification?[A] Bluetooth
[D] All of the above
Answer: B [Ethernet]
Ethernet is a system for connecting a number of computer systems. It forms a LAN(local area network) with standard protocols. It was standardized in the IEEE.
8. In which year Microsoft was founded?[A] 1970
Answer: C 
Microsoft was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen on April 4, 1975, to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for the Altair 8800. It rose to dominate the personal computer operating system market with MS-DOS in the mid-1980s, followed by Microsoft Windows.
9. Which of the following comprise the hardware components of the computer?[A] Printer
[D] All of the above
Answer: D [All of the above]
The components of the computer which we can see and touch are called the hardware components of the computer. They include devices like a keyboard, mouse, printer, etc.
10. What kind of information each of the electrical circuits represents?[A] Arithmetic
Answer: C [Binary]
Each circuit represents a bit (binary digit) of information. When the circuit is on, it represents a “1” and a “0” when it is off in a positive logic representation.
General Awareness For Banking
1. Which of the following public sector banks has the largest number of branches in foreign countries?
- Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Punjab National Bank
- Corporation Bank
2. The only merger of two public sector banks took place between –
- Bank of India and New Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank and New Bank of India
- Allahabad Bank and United Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank and Bank of Rajasthan
3. Which of the following banks was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi in 1919?
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of Baroda
- State Bank of Saurashtra
- Union Bank of India
4. After State Bank of India, which of the following banks has the largest number of offices?
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of India
- Andhra Bank
- Canara Bank
5. Which of the following rates are reviewed by the RBI at the time of the periodical review of the policy?
- Bank rate
- Repo rate
- Savings bank rate
- Only 1
- Only 2
- Both 1 and 2
- All the three
6. What are teaser loan rates charged by banks?
- Rate of interest which is competitively changed in relation to other banks
- Floating rate of interest charged by banks
- Low rate of interest in the initial period which goes up subsequently
- Higher rate of interest in the initial period which goes down subsequently
7. Which of the following terms is used in the banking field?
- Interest rate swap
- Input devices
- Zero Hour
8. Expand the term EMI as used in the banking/finance sector?
- Easy Monthly Instalment
- Equal Monthly Investment
- Equated Monthly Instalment
- Equated Mortgage Investment
9. Bank rate is decided by which of the following?
- Reserve Bank of India
- Government Of India
- State Bank of India
- Securities and Exchange Board of India
10. With which of the following types of loans are teaser rates related?
- Home loans
- Personal loans
- Auto loans
- Reverse mortgage loans